Available for all iOS and Android phones and tablets.
Taboos these days aren’t manifested in stonings or shunning, but in more subtle, insidious patterns. Public enough for community gossip, lamentation, and shaming, but never open enough to foster meaningful dialogue toward a collective resolution. We pride ourselves in having transcended the cultural biases of our parent’s generation, yet we still passively perpetuate them in silence.
Our aim with Radiant No. 13, The Taboo Issue, is to start a conversation around cultural taboos both ancient and modern, and more important, to share stories of women bucking the trend so that others walking these paths can know they’re not alone.
Our fabulous cover girl, NBC's Chicago Fire actress Annie Ilonzeh, whose discipline and grit is served up with a grace and charm that’s utterly refreshing. Her story will no doubt inspire you to take a chance on yourself.
- Compelling in-depth features on:
- Surviving divorce as an African woman
- Black women and eating disorders
- When our hair gets in the way: cardio exercise and the black woman
- The 411 on 420: A Cannabis Q & A
Masturbation with the women of Afrosexology
- Plastic Surgery as the last beauty taboo
- Surviving Boko Haram: how victims are healing in the aftermath of unthinkable trauma
- Inspiring interviews with remarkable women of African descent including the cartographer of African cuisine, Tuleka Prah; founder of the Nubian Skin, Ade Hassan, MBE; black swim advocate Trish Miller; the women behind Afrosexology, Dalychia Saah and Rafaella Fiallo; comedienne and truth teller Eno Georgette Inwek; and Nnene Kalu Mbonu on body positivity.
This issue's Local Champ is the world's tiniest grain, teff, accompanied as usual by mouth-watering teff-inspired recipes.
- Demystifying cardio workouts plus five great workouts to heat up your heart rate.
- Embracing genderless fashion.
- And so much more!
More than a magazine, each volume of Radiant Health is a beautifully designed coffee table magazine printed on premium paper. 180 pages // soft touch cover.
Radiant Health magazine is published twice a year.
To order click the app icons above for your device and complete order within the app. If you choose to check out via our online store here, you can access your issue by downloading the Radiant Health app on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. From the menu bar select "Account" and then "Sign In." You can then sign in with your Google email to activate your issues. It must be the same email used at the time of purchase.
Available for all iOS and Android devices.
Each interactive digital edition presents a smooth reading experience; browse videos, audio, and links without leaving the issue on the app. Also features free web content within the app.